Friday, October 2, 2020

A Return to Innocence.

 Innocence. Discovery. Quality of life. Facebook tried to rip it from my heaving bosom, but I have scraped it off, cleansed myself of its sticky residue, and now I'm ready to return to the world of the living. I don't even know if blogs are a thing anymore. Is this just a more infuriating and fussy way to create "Dear Diary, Marianne refused to sit with me at lunch for the second day in a row! I shall not recover!"? I don't know the answer to that, or much else,


but I do know I'm tired of the constraint and lack of constraint the demon platform imposed on me. Or more nefariously, forced me to impose on myself. After all, we still have free will. John Milton said so in Paradise Lost. If you can write a better and more epic poem about the human condition, maybe I'll believe you instead. 

For now, let me just say: Hello. More soon, as I navigate this strange new, yet strangely familiar world without an echo chamber. 

Greetings,

Sam

October 2, 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment